Saturday, May 8, 2010

How do you Feel?

Upon pondering the feelings fresh flowers invoke within me, I have wondered how many people truly realize that flowers do, indeed, provoke an emotional response within us. And I wonder, too, if we ever stop to ask, “why’?

Since working at Twigs, I have had the occasion to bring fresh flowers home with me. Upon doing so, I have realized that they bring me great joy. As I set them about my house, I can’t help but feel light-hearted. Amazingly, they even prompt me to want to dust my house so as they aren’t mingling with filth!
After setting them about, I am immediately filled with satisfaction and the sudden urge to pour either a hot cup of tea or a glass of iced tea (which ever our temperamental Northern Nevada spring weather elicits!) Thus, reminding me that there is a strong connection between man and nature.


Yesterday, Tracey and I spent the afternoon filling the shop with beautiful green plants and flowering plant baskets. When we were finished, I turned around to survey our work and immediately felt like I was in the middle of a beautiful English garden! What a great feeling-and I get to do this every day!

All this leads me to one final question…How do flowers make you feel?

With fragrant thoughts until next time!
Lysa

No comments:

Post a Comment