Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Floral Bliss

It is said that floristry is the most romanticized profession there is. Upon first hearing this I wondered why it is so. After a bit of reflection, I realized that it actually makes sense. Flowers are, after all, associated with love and beauty, peace and tranquility. It’s only natural that a person would view owning or working at a flower shop in a “romantic” light.
I have been in several different flower shops over the years and have realized that certain ones did, indeed, invoke a “romantic” feeling within me. Thinking back, I realize the reason I felt that way was because of the ambiance the owner had created within the shop. The shops where the owner took great thought and care to create a welcoming atmosphere are the ones that made me feel “warm” and excited about returning.

I have been working at Twigs for a little over a month now. I began Easter week, sailed through Administrative Assistant’s week, and have now tackled Mother’s Day week! The atmosphere is wonderful! Upon entering, one is filled with a sense of peace. It is definitely one of my job’s “perks”!
Don’t misunderstand, floristry is hard work. The aim of the business is to please the client; and aim to please we do! Holidays are the busiest times for florists and can certainly become hectic. But at the end of the day, when all is said and done, knowing that we have delivered bouquets full of joy to the wonderful people in our community, every bit of hard work is absolutely worth it!

With peace, joy and fragrant thoughts until next time,
Lysa

No comments:

Post a Comment