Thursday, April 22, 2010

Allow me a moment to acquaint myself with you if we haven’t ever met. My name is Lysa (Humildad) and I have lived in Yerington for nearly seven years now. Previously, my mom and I owned The Heart’s Desire Café and gift shop. Those three years were a wonderful time of getting to know many of you. However, after helping Tracey out here at Twigs for the past few weeks, I realize there are so many of you I have never met before! Suddenly, this small town seems so much larger!
Upon discovering that I love to write, Tracey asked me to do some “blogging” about what it’s like working in a flower shop. The whole “flower thing” is new to me as I am a “foodie” by nature. However, it didn’t take me long (only a day or two) to realize that food and flowers are very similar in nature.
Both convey much to our human emotions. Just as most of us have our favorite comfort foods, we also take comfort in certain scents and flowers. This is often true without our realizing it. If we think about it for a minute, I’m certain we can all think of a scent or flower that brings back warm childhood memories, the feelings of a new love, or maybe that certain floral fragrance grandma wore?
Yes, working here at Twigs has brought back many fond memories for me personally!
Warm and fragrant thoughts to you until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, glad your are still in town. I really miss The Hearts Desire!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Lysa and nice article on how food and flowers can bring out the same emotion.

    Nice find Twiggles, I'm jealous!

    `brandon

    ReplyDelete